I found out the other day that I did not know all of my commandments and what it meant to not follow them. Here is a refresher for those that had a similar memory lapse.
- Exodus 20:3 – never have any other god.
- Exodus 20:4-6 – never make your own carved idols or statues.
- Exodus 20:7 – never use the name of the Lord your God carelessly.
- Exodus 20:8-10 – remember the day of worship by observing it as a holy day.
- Exodus 20:12 – honor your father and your mother.
- Exodus 20:13 – never murder.
- Exodus 20:14 – never commit adultery.
- Exodus 20:15 – never steal.
- Exodus 20:16 – never lie when you testify about your neighbor.
- Exodus 20:17 – never desire to take your neighbor’s household, wife, his male or female slave, his ox, his donkey, or anything else that belongs to him.
Anyone who sets these laws aside will be called the least of them in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:17-19 GW